Conyers, GA Chiropractic Care For The Entire Family
The Brain, Body & Spine Family Wellness Center
- Pediatric Chiropractic
- Pregnancy Care
- Webster Technique
- Holistic Healthcare
- Weight Loss
- Personal Development
- Natural Healthcare
- Herbal Remedies
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Stress Elimination
- Wellness Coaching
Dr. Shawna D. Woodruff
Why Choose Holistic Health
Meet Our Team
(Nutrition response testing)
Our Care Plans
Office Hours Monday - Thursday 9:30am-1:00pm
*Please note that we
are closed for lunch
Why do pregnant women find regular gentle chiropractic care so vital to their birthing experience?
According to the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, research has demonstrated that receiving chiropractic care regularly throughout pregnancy may relieve many common discomforts that are typically experienced during this time. Additionally, “if the baby’s position is even slightly off during birth, labor can be slowed down, and a higher rate of pain and distress can be experienced by both the mother and the baby.” Chiropractic care during pregnancy is vital. It provides a natural approach to reducing pain and discomfort by preparing the mother’s pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birthing experience. Chiropractic care also creates overall balance of the bony structures of the body, as well as the muscles and ligaments of the body. By doing so, it helps retain the normal physiological function of bother the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth.
Potential benefits of chiropractic care specific to the pregnant mother:
- Prenatal chiropractic care focuses specifically on the pelvis throughout the pregnancy, restoring a state of balance that typically leads to an easier, quicker, and safer delivery
- It also removes torsion (tightening or twisting) of the ligaments that support the uterus, which reduces
abnormal tension to the woman’s uterus.
Other Benefits to maternity chiropractic care include:
- Reduced nervous system stress, which improves the body’s ability to function naturally.
- Pre-existing but unnoticed imbalances in the spine and pelvis can be corrected, thereby reducing the chance for additional stress that typically occurs during pregnancy.
- Reduced chance of low back pain and discomfort during pregnancy.
Some potential benefits to the child are:
Dr. Woodruff is an active member and supporter of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA), which is an organization focused on the education and health of growing families.
- Reduced stress to the mother’s nervous system can contribute to healthier baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows greater room for the baby to develop without restrictions to its still-forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Chiropractic care provides great support to natural, non-invasive birthing procedures..
Dr. Woodruff is a Webster Technique Certified chiropractor. Webster Technique is a safe and gentle chiropractic technique that focuses on the detection of sacral malposition and nervous system interference during a mother's pregnancy. By using Webster Technique to correct sacral malposition, it allows the mother's body the ability to perform optimally and express 100% life force. Webster Technique is a great way to ensure proper alignment of the sacrum which in turn will provide the best possible environment for your growing and developing baby.Webster Technique will also aid in alleviating back and pelvis discomfort in the mother as her body changes and grows. Webster Technique is an essential part of care for every pregnant mother and should be incorporated throughout the mother's entire pregnancy, followed by regular chiropractic adjustments post partum.
xxxxxx969 O'Kelly Street
xxxxxxConyers, Georgia 30012
WHY CAN'T I LOSE WEIGHT?
Are you tired of subscribing to fad diets that don't work? Do you work out consistently, and still fail to see the results you are looking for? Do you have a fairly "healthy" diet, but still can't lose the pounds?
Learn About Nutrition Response Testing
We are huge advocates of health education for you and your family! Check out our blog to learn more...
Visit Our Blog
Join us on Facebook & Twitter
Be sure to also check out our blog!
© 2013 Conyers Holistic Chiropractic & Nutrition All rights reserved.